Let me tell you my idea of a GREAT NIGHT.
1.Turn the lights down low.
2. Light some candles.
3. Turn on some Starship Greatest Hits and skip right to “Sarah”
4. Hit Repeat.
5. Grab a nice glass of courvoisier
6. AND TURN ON THE VP DEBATE!
Today, the New York Timesquotes Barack Obama as saying, “My strong sense is that the best thing that I can do, rather than to inject presidential politics into some delicate negotiations, is to go down to Mississippi and explain to the American people what is going on and my vision for leading the country over the next four years.”
Really? So the people of Illinois voted for Obama to avoid the issue and not make their voices heard in DC? I don’t think the best thing he can do right now is prepare to tell people how he plans to run the country in the next 4 years. He needs to show people how he is going to run things in the next four years by actively participating in this history making legislation. I think the best thing he can do now is represent the people in Illinois.
Or why Babs needs to keep her political opinions to herself.
Honestly, this is the funniest video I have seen. It starts out kind of slow, but I promise it’s worth watching the whole thing.
Dad may freak out, but I am not a Republican. I would consider myself a libertarian or an independent. I am anti big government but I am also very socially liberal. I don’t care if two men want to get married or if a woman wants to have an abortion. I don’t think the government should get involved in my decisions about my healthcare or tax me more just because I am successful.
That is why in 2000 I voted for John McCain. I was excited to have him run again this year. However, in his efforts to win the conservative vote, he has changed his stand on many issues that were different from the Republican majority. Unfortunately he is really reinforcing that he is going to be more of the same. I just hope that his recent stance is just a ploy to get the conservative vote. If elected, I hope he goes back to the ”Straight Talk” that has diffentiated him.
Anyway, I saw this on the Daily Show last night and thought it was hillarious. Yes, I am still going to vote for McCain, but you can’t deny how funny this clip is.
You know, I was going to vote for McCain anyway, but now that Palin got the VP spot….I am much more convinced that its the right choice.
Shes just HOT! And if this election has taught us anything, experience is nothing compared to looking good and giving great speeches! (Sarcasm)
From August 8 through August 24, I was glued to my TV watching the 2008 Summer Olympics. Were you? My favorite was watching the women’s weight lifting. I asked Spencer if I could quit my job and hire a coach so I could compete in 2012 Summer games. Unfortunately, the goal of not having my house get foreclosed on takes precedence over my dreams of Olympic gold.
If you had all the money in the world, what sport do you think you could be ready for in 4 years?
FYI, here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during the that they would like to take back:
1. Weight-lifting commentator: 'This is Gregorieva from Bulgaria . I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.'
2. commentator: 'This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.'
3. , : 'I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.'
4. Boxing Analyst: 'Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious.'
5. Softball announcer: 'If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.'
6. Basketball analyst: 'He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.'
7. At the rowing medal ceremony: 'Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew.'
8. Soccer commentator: ' is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field.'
9. Tennis commentator: 'One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?'Julian DicksGymnastPaul HammDressageSummer Olympics